How To Cut Corian Countertop
True full scale corian or other solid surface brand counters nearly always turn out best when certified fabricators and installers do the job.
How to cut corian countertop. Remove any leftover tape and admire your clean cut. It is easy to sand out chips cracks and stains from corian since its texture and appearance are consistent throughout. Place the corian on sawhorses upside down. Cut slowly with light pressure on the blade.
Clamp a leveler 1 5 inches away from the grease marking corresponding to the guiding lines you are going to cut to ensure that your grease marking and guiding line is on top of one another put the base plate of your circular saw toward the straight edge. For this reason it is best to use a commercial straight cut guide fence when cutting solid surface material with a circular saw. First draw a cutting line on the sheet of solid surface material. Grind and polish the end when done.
Vedrana sucic eyeem getty images. Make your first cut about 1 8 deep the length of the cut. How to cut corian with a circular saw. Made from stones and minerals bound in a plastic resin.
As a result many people with busy kitchens are choosing to install corian countertops. This way if the countertop breaks it should do so in your cut line and the job won t be ruined. For best results make a score cut on both sides of the countertop. Measure carefully for the countertop space and mark the cut lines with a pencil or grease pencil.
Increase the depth of the cut a little each pass of your saw or router. Do not use markers on corian as you risk making a permanent blemish on a pricey material. Place a straight edge next to your guiding line using clamps. Work in a well ventilated area since the dust created when cutting corian can irritate the lungs and eyes.
Dupont introduced corian in the 1960s as a low cost alternative to granite and marble for countertops. Finally adjust the blade to the proper height for a through cut and complete this final cut. But as a do it yourself er you can produce a pretty good small solid surface countertop on your own for bathrooms bars or small kitchens. Cutting corian using a circular saw.
Cutting corian is quite simple but be sure to take the proper safety precautions by wearing protective eyewear and a dust mask or respirator.
- Frigidaire Ice Maker Countertop
- Giani Countertop Paint Reviews
- Giani Marble Countertop Paint
- Granite Countertop Styles
- Frigidaire Countertop Ice Maker
- Ge Profile Series 1 1 Cu Ft Countertop Microwave
- Granite Countertop Tiles 24x24
- Granite Countertop In Warrenton Va
- Granite Countertop Support Brackets
- Hidden Countertop Brackets Home Depot
- Henry Feather Finish Countertop
- Hampton Bay Laminate Countertop Kit
- Ge Profile Countertop Convection Microwave
- Granite Countertop Edges
- Hickory Butcher Block Countertop
- Granite Countertop Designs
- Granite Countertop Pieces
- Giani Countertop Paint Lowes
- Granite Countertop Undermount Sink Repair
- Granite Countertop Support Requirements