How To Cut Formica Countertop
Once you install the formica use a jigsaw to do any trimming or make any round cuts.
How to cut formica countertop. Trace the sides of the sink on the formica to get the layout right and ensure that the sink remains centered at the laminate s base. Prior to the actual process of cutting one should cover the countertop with a masking tape to prevent splintering and chipping of plastic. Except for the mitered corners formica countertops can be cut with a combination of different saws. A pair of goggles belt sander and metal file are some other tools required to cut formica countertops.
To cut formica with a circular saw start by measuring the area you want to laminate with a tape measure and mark the cutting line on the formica with a pencil. The rip fence. The best workspace on which to place the countertops while cutting are sawhorses with padding on the tops to protect the formica from scratches. The jigsaw thus helps in cutting the countertop without damaging the adjoining wall.
Then put masking tape on the cutting line lay the formica on a flat surface and cut along the lines. Cut out a sink opening in a formica countertop. Measure from one end to the center of the sink hole. Before we cover how to cut formica we ll need to prepare our formica sheets for the job.
Turn the formica countertop over.
- Countertop Ice Dispenser
- Countertop Fruit Bowl
- Countertop Installation Labor Cost
- Countertop Makers Near Me
- Countertop Dishwasher Lowes
- Countertop Edge Trim Lowes
- Countertop Electric Fryer
- Countertop Microwave Stand
- Countertop Medicine Cabinet
- Countertop Gas Burner
- Countertop Induction Burner
- Countertop Edge Protector
- Countertop Herb Garden
- Countertop Dishwasher With Water Tank
- Countertop Material Comparison
- Countertop Microwave 22 Inches Wide
- Countertop Ice Maker Dispenser
- Countertop Hot And Cold Water Dispenser
- Countertop Ice Maker And Water Dispenser
- Countertop Electric Stove Top Burner