How To Cut Granite Countertop In Place
Forcing it may cause it to tear chunks of granite off the countertop.
How to cut granite countertop in place. I d like to cut about 1 of the granite off in place. You don t need to force it at all. You should wear a mask to avoid breathing in too much dust which can cause respiratory irritation. Cut granite slab outdoors if possible to simplify cleanup.
Step 1 prepare the granite. I bought a new fridge which is about 1 4 too wide to fit into the opening because of the overhanging granite. Start the saw then push the blade along the line to cut through the granite slab until you meet the adjoining line. Place the base of a circular saw onto one of the lines drawn on the countertop.
C clamps will be used to hold the granite firmly in place while cutting. When cutting granite you need to know that more dust is generated during dry cutting. Stable work surface. Do not use any surface that is able to move.
I have a granite counter top that overhangs the base cabinets by about 3 into the space where the fridge goes. This part can take a while but it s worth it for a perfectly cut countertop. To keep granite particles out of your eyes wear safety glasses as well. How to cut.
As long as you hold the saw steady it will cut through the tape and granite with relative ease. Step 2 position the granite slab on a sturdy work surface and use c clamps attaching one every couple of feet along the sides of the. You will need to clamp down the granite in several places on a stable workbench or similar surface.
- Marble Epoxy Countertop
- Live Edge Bathroom Countertop
- Kitchen Countertop Paper
- Lowes Bathroom Countertop With Sink
- Kitchen Sink Base Cabinet With Countertop
- Laundry Room Countertop Support
- Kitchen Island Countertop Ideas
- Lowes Countertop Installation Reviews
- Laminate Flooring Countertop
- Leathered Quartzite Countertop
- Laundry Sink With Countertop
- Laminate Countertop Trim
- Marble Bathroom Sink Countertop
- Maple Countertop Home Depot
- Laminate Countertop Sheets
- Live Edge Walnut Countertop
- Kohler Kitchen Sink Squeegee And Countertop Brush
- Maple Butcher Block Countertop
- Kitchen Countertop Sticker
- Marble Countertop Paint